Traffic and Transportation
Last Updated: November 23, 2021
Transportation Master Plan, Phase II, Public Meeting information
The City of Framingham Department of Public Works and their consultant, VHB, will host four virtual public meetings via Zoom to discuss the City’s Transportation Master Plan, Phase II.
Framingham Public Works to Host Fourth and Final Transportation Master Plan, Phase II, Virtual Public Meeting
The City of Framingham’s Department of Public Works and their consultant, VHB, will host the fourth and final virtual public meeting for the City’s Transportation Master Plan, Phase II, on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 6 p.m.
The final meeting will review the recommendations being proposed as part of the Transportation Master Plan. A draft report, including the recommendations, will be available for the public to review on Wednesday evening, November 24, via the Virtual Meeting Room. Please note, the virtual meeting room is best accessed in Google Chrome.
The public will have the opportunity to provide oral and written feedback about the proposed recommendations until Thursday, December 9, at 5 p.m., so that they can be incorporated into the final master plan.
When: Dec 8, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Framingham Master Plan - Phase 2 - Public Meeting #4
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://vhb.zoom.us/j/81009231589?pwd=UzZsRkcvMXNWWnd5RDh5V2NpajFJUT09
Webinar ID: 810 0923 1589
Or One tap mobile: US: +16465588656,,81009231589# or +13017158592,,81009231589#
Or Telephone: US: +1 646 558 8656
SUbmit transportation concerns/comments via the Virtual public meeting room
Visit the interactive virtual meeting room to explore project information from the previously recorded public meetings.
Residents can submit feedback about the proposed improvements from the third public meeting through the virtual public meeting room.
Or, comments/concerns can be sent directly to the City's project manager, Simon Alexandrovich, at email@example.com.
Please Note: The virtual meeting room is best viewed in Google Chrome.
TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN, PHASE II, recorded public meetings
Thursday, October 21:
The third public meeting focused on three transportation topics in multiple breakout rooms, including:
- Room 1: Public Transit, Bicycle, and Pedestrian Connectivity: Including the Village Green area, study area corridors*, and sidewalk connections throughout the City.
- Room 2: Traffic Congestion at Specific Study Areas, Including:
- Route 30/Cochituate Road at Beacon Street
- Route 30/Cochituate Road at Shoppers World
- Leland Street at Beaver and Kendall Streets
- Salem End Road at Winter Street
- Pleasant Street at Woodmere Road/Temple Street
- Salem End Road at Badger Road/Gates Street
- Room 3: Neighborhood Connections and Traffic Calming: Neighborhood connections and gateways, including the study area intersections around MCI-Framingham, Central Street at Summer Street, and Fenwick Street/ Haynes Road location.
Wednesday, August 11:
The second meeting provided a progress update about the Master Plan, reviewed the project's study areas, identified potential transportation improvements/alternatives for various locations, and discussed updates to the City's current Traffic Calming and Crosswalk Policies. View the recording of the second meeting below.
Monday, April 26:
The first meeting provided an introduction to the master plan and discussed the projection of future conditions. View the recording of the first meeting below.
Transportation master plan PHASE I:
City Plans, Policies, Procedures, and regulations:
- 2017 Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan (PDF)
- Construction Standards
- Crosswalk Policy and Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Parking Regulations (City Ordinance Article VI, Section 2) (PDF)
- Traffic Calming Measures Policy (PDF)
- Traffic Rules and Orders (PDF)
- Traffic Signal Permitting Process (PDF)
- Weather Emergency Parking Restrictions on Arterial Roadways Policy (PDF)