Sanitation Division COVID-19 UPDATES
Last updated: June 25, 2020
Framingham Public Works to Resume Permit Sticker Sales, July 1
As of July 2, a Permit will be required for entry to the Recycling Drop-Off Center (RDC) and Yard Waste Facility
The Framingham Department of Public Works will resume permit sticker sales July 1, for entry into the RDC, located on Mount Wayte Avenue, and the Yard Waste Facility, Dudley Road.
Permit stickers will be valid from July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021. If you already purchased a 2020 permit earlier this year, it will be valid through June 30, 2021.
Stickers can be purchased for $20 at the DPW Operations Center, 100 Western Avenue, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., or the RDC during regular hours of operation.
Proof of residency (vehicle registration) will be required to purchase a sticker. Registration must be current, non-commercial, and show a Framingham address. For leased vehicles, the accompanying insurance policy showing a Framingham address must be presented.
Residents whose vehicles do not conform to the above requirements may complete a non-conforming vehicle application form for permit consideration.
Per Governor Baker’s Order and the City of Framingham’s Emergency Order, face coverings will be required to enter or use any City facilities. Residents are asked to practice social distancing.
The RDC is open Thursday (for recycling only) 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Yard Waste Facility is open seasonally, Friday and Saturday 8 a.m.-3 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Framingham Public Works to Reopen the Recycling Drop-Off Center and
Resume Bulky Item Collection
To Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19, the City Implements Changes at the Center
To minimize exposure between DPW staff and the public, the Department will NOT issue new permit stickers until July 1, 2020, which will be valid until June 30, 2021.
While new stickers are not being issued, proof of residency will be required (driver’s license or vehicle registration) to utilize the facility.
The facility will be operating in conformance with health and safety protocols set forth by the Commonwealth and the City of Framingham.
- Who: Framingham residents
- What: Reopen the Recycling Drop-Off Center and resume bulky item collection
- Where: 255 Mount Wayte Avenue
- When: Thursday (Recycling only): 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., and Sunday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Why: To dispose of excess trash, recyclables, reusables, and bulky items.
Recycling Made Easy
Type in your address to sign up for reminders for trash and recycling collection. Use the Waste Wizard to search items and learn how to properly dispose of them.
What We Do
- Collect refuse and recycling from over 17,000 residential dwellings with four or fewer units on a weekly basis and transport over 130,000 pounds of material for recycling or disposal every day.
- Operate the Recycling Center and Yard Waste Drop Off sites to allow residents to dispose of refuse, sorted recyclable materials, and yard waste.
- Perform special curbside collections including spring and fall leaf and brush collection, Christmas tree collection and excess cardboard.
- Hold annual events such as Household Hazardous Waste Day, Shred Fest, Electronic Recycling.
The recycling market is constantly changing; therefore, items accepted in your curbside recycling cart are subject to change. Not all items with a recycling symbol are accepted in your curbside bin. Search the Waste Wizard at the top of this page to learn how to properly dispose of items.
See our 2018-2019 mailer for two pages of information the common items we find in recycling carts that don't belong there. View the mailer.
Residents can view their collection day by scrolling to their street on the list of streets in Framingham. View the list of streets.
View the following calendar and event information:
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no refuse pickup on the day of the holiday. Collection is pushed back by one day during holiday weeks. 2020 Holidays include:
- Birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Presidents’ Day - Monday, February 17, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 12, 2020
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020
The RDC will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
- Easter Sunday - Sunday. April 12, 2020
- Independence Day - Saturday, July 4, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham.
Hours of operation: