Curbside Refuse Collection
Trash & Recycling Made Easy
Type in your address to sign up for reminders for trash and recycling collection. Use the Waste Wizard to search items and learn how to properly dispose of them.
The City of Framingham provides solid waste collection service to residential properties containing four or fewer dwelling units, regardless of the form of ownership, and will provide solid waste collection service to condominiums that:
- Actively participate in the City of Framingham recycling program
- Are residential
WHEN IS MY COLLECTION DAY?
COLLECTION INFORMATION & Schedule
- Your trash will be picked up curbside once each week.
- All collections must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on the pick-up day, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the night before.
- Place your cart with the wheels and the handles away from the street, at least three feet away from your recycling cart and other objects.
- If you live on a
- Refuse receptacles must be removed from the curb by midnight following collection.
On weeks with a holiday, there will be no trash or recycling pickup on the day of the holiday. Your trash and recycling will be picked up the next day, and everyone else whose collection day follows the holiday will have their refuse picked up one day later than usual. Reference the 2022 Holiday Schedule here.
TRASH CART INFORMATION
Each cart has a serial number and an embedded RFID tag to identify the owner and location. These carts are the property of the City of Framingham, and should you relocate, they must stay at the address to which they are delivered.
All refuse must fit into the cart with the lid closed. No trash may be placed for pick up next to a cart or on top of a cart.
The Division has a limited number of 35-gallon carts available to senior citizens or residents with physical restrictions. If you would like to reserve a 35-gallon cart, please call the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 or send us an email with your name, address, and phone number.