Capital Projects & Facilities Management
The mission of the Capital Projects and Facilities Management Department is to operate, maintain, enhance and preserve municipal facilities, strengthen the sustainability and resiliency of municipal operations, and provide superior services for employees and members of the public in an efficient and innovative manner while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
Our Capital Projects and Facilities Management team's goal is to ensure the maximum rate of investment through the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance programs of the infrastructure. The direct objective for the Capital Projects and Facilities Management Department is to provide administrative direction to ensure activities and initiatives are consistent with the city's strategic, operational, and fiscal objectives.
The Capital Projects and Facilities Management Department is Responsible for:
- Responsible for the maintenance, operations, and utilities of all city-owned buildings and grounds.
- Efficient operation of all environmental systems, including custodial services, waste removal, paper recycling, snow removal, and grounds maintenance.
- Operate and maintain the mechanical infrastructure of city-owned buildings.
- Responsible for general maintenance, repair, alterations, and renovations of all facilities including building interiors, exteriors, and grounds.
- Issuing of parking permits, collection of money, and monitoring the city-owned Parking Lots, Garage, and Meters.
- Reserving and coordinating event rentals for Nevins Hall, Cushing Chapel, Centre, and Downtown Commons.
- Construction oversight and management for all Capital Buildings Projects.