Over the next two years, Framingham should be receiving about $27.9 million in federal funding through the American Rescue Plan. The Act specifies that the City can use it for the following:
• Replace revenue lost or reduced as a result of the pandemic
• Restoration of municipal services
• Fund COVID 19-related costs
• Provide support to aid households and businesses impacted by the crisis
• Invest in economic recovery and renewal
• Fund investments in water, sewer and broadband infrastructure
The funds cannot be used for:
• Tax reductions or cuts
• Pension fund payments/deposits
The funds will be available and distributed in two payments for use through the end of 2024 (FY2025).
The Treasury Department will provide specific guidance on allowable uses of the funds and will determine final allocations based on the most recent census data and the final language in the law.
Why do we ask for this information?
The City of Framingham is committed to providing equitable and inclusive services and experiences to all residents. Your sex, gender, race, or ethnicity are in no way limiting factors in accessing services and/or support through the American Rescue Plan funds.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field