Expedited process in accordance with Governor Baker's Executive Order No. 35. Temporary use is subject to approval by the Board of License Commissioners and effective from the date of approval through Nov. 1, 2020, only, if approved.
Please DO NOT ATTEMPT to submit multiple applications. Once submitted, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Diane Willoughby.
If you are located in the Central Business District and are applying to use the sidewalk, submit an application with the proposed layout, materials to be used, and consent form from adjoining tenant, if applicable.
Please allow additional time for sidewalk dining approval.
File Types Accepted: .pdf, .jpg, .png, .doc, or .docx files only
If you are GOING to have a tent, please answer the following questions and apply for a Commercial Building
For assistance with this permit, please contact Inspectional Services at (508) 532-5500.
A tent is NOT required for outdoor seating.
1) Indicate number, size of each tent and Flame Spread Rating of each tent to be installed.
2) Will tents will be partitioned?
3) Will tent(s) have four (4) sides or closed in?
4) Will propane or any other source of heat be used inside the tent?
5) If no tent, please state.
• New/additional outdoor seating shall not block any established exits from any building including fire lanes, hydrants, FDC, and exit discharge.
• Tents must be clear of all combustible material including vegetation (10 feet).
• Tent fabric must meet NFPA 701(Standard Methods of Fire Test) this includes curtains, window shades, draperies, table linens, wall hangings as well as fabrics used in tarps and other similar structures and banners.
• Smoking shall not be permitted in any tent, plainly visible signs shall be posted that read as follows: NO SMOKING.
• Tents shall have portable fire extinguishers and they must be inspected and tested by approved fire extinguisher company.
• Patio heaters shall be used in accordance with their listing and manufacturer’s instructions. 5 feet from exits.
If you plan to have outdoor entertainment at that time, please describe and include where it will be located on site plan.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field