Can I plant flowers or put up a fence near the roadway?
Any work within the public Right-of-Way is regulated by the Department of Public Works and must be permitted through the Engineering Division. Unauthorized, non-permitted encroachments within the public Right-of-way are not allowed. Non-permitted encroachments can present safety hazards to the public and increase the costs of public infrastructure maintenance.

Show All Answers

1. What information do you have?
2. Do I need to have permission to widen, move or add another driveway on my property?
3. Can I plant flowers or put up a fence near the roadway?
4. Where do I acquire a GIS map?
5. Will the City survey my property?
6. Does the City have copies of the flood insurance maps developed for Framingham?
7. Will the City locate my utility services for me?
8. Can I get a lower speed limit on my street?
9. Can I get stop signs erected to slow traffic?
10. Does the City allow residents/businesses to connect a private stormwater drain to the City’s stormwater drainage system?
11. What do I do if I have a drainage problem from the roadway onto my property?
12. Who is responsible for cleaning out the drainage ditches (channels) on my property?