So, what do I do with items that I cannot put in my trash?

The Sanitation Division conducts special bulky item pickups for a nominal fee. For information about bulky item pickups, please visit: 

Construction material such as lumber and demolition materials are not accepted at curbside or at the Recycling Drop-Off Center.

Some alternatives for disposal of construction/demolition materials are: 

• Using the hired tradesman who did the work to dispose of the materials. 

• Hire a hauling contractor for a fee. You can easily find specialized contractors online. 

Show All Answers

1. Where can I donate used clothing/textiles and books?
2. I just returned home to find a non-compliance warning sticker on my trash or recycling cart. What is it for?
3. When is my trash and recycling picked up?
4. What happens if my collection day falls on a holiday?
5. Are there any restrictions on what I can put in my trash?
6. So, what do I do with items that I cannot put in my trash?
7. When is the Recycling Drop-Off Center on Mt. Wayte Ave. open?
8. Where do my recyclables go?
9. Where does my trash go?
10. Can I use a borrowed or rental vehicle at the Recycling Drop-off Center?
11. Where can I purchase biodegradable leaf bags?
12. When is household hazardous waste collection day held?
13. How must I bundle my brush and yard waste?
14. Does Framingham offer textile recycling?
15. How should I dispose of yard waste?
16. How do I dispose of latex paint?
17. Who collects my recycling? What can I recycle?
18. Where can I dispose of sharps and needles (new or used)?
19. Can I have bulky household items picked up curbside?