How can I become a licensed Drainlayer in Framingham?

To perform any excavation or work to public infrastructure on public/private property in the City of Framingham, it is required that you become licensed. To qualify for a Drain Layer’s license in the City of Framingham, a written application form must be submitted to the Department of Public Works. Along with the application, applicants are required to provide the following:

  • Application Fee
  • Three municipal references in which the applicant has performed water or sewer work
  • Valid certificate of insurance and an annual $25K bond
  • “Designated” persons must be listed on the drain layers license and must provide a copy of their hoisting license
  • All “designated” persons listed on the application – must attend a training session. Training sessions will be held at our Public Works Facility at 100 Western Ave., Framingham, MA 01702. Attendance is mandatory for all persons listed on application.

Show All Answers

1. Directions to the Public Works facility (100 Western Ave)
2. How can I become a licensed Drainlayer in Framingham?
3. Where can I find a list of contractors that are already licensed to work in the City?
4. Which insects are harmful to my trees?
5. How do I handle Water & Sewer utilities when preparing for a demolition?
6. How can you file a claim with the City of Framingham?
7. Where can I report a sinkhole in the public way?