FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 5/16/2023
For further information, contact:
Susan Scully Petroni
City of Framingham Public Information Officer
FRAMINGHAM - The City of Framingham is seeking applicants to fill three seats on the 7-member Framingham Police Advisory Committee.
The Framingham Police Advisory Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the Police Department by bringing to their attention feedback from the community concerning public safety issues.
The Police Advisory Committee is devoted to facilitating the flow of ideas relative to police services for the Framingham community.
The role of the Committee shall include, but not be limited to:
• Assist in community outreach efforts between the Police Department and the Community;
• Promote public awareness of the City's police services, activities, programs, and public safety issues
• Solicit public input regarding police services, programs, and issues of public safety
• Provide community feedback and recommendations of police programs and activity
• Review and make recommendations concerning other matters as maybe referred to the Committee, from time to time, via the Chief of Police, Mayor, or City Council
The Committee is responsible for:
• Listening to community opinions and needs and discuss these with the Mayor, Police Department, and City Council
• Enhancing police-community relations by serving as a liaison between the police department and the community
• Supporting public awareness of the City of Framingham police services and programs
All members of the Police Advisory Committee shall be residents of the City of Framingham.
The Committee typically meets on the second Thursday of the month.
To apply for one of the seats on the Police Advisory Committee, click here.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, June 12.
Questions about the Committee can be directed to Framingham Citizen Participation Officer Heather Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 508-532-5510.