FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 04/2/19
For further information, contact:
Kelly McFalls, Public Information Officer & Webmaster Memorial Building
150 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01702
Tel: (508) 532-5437
FRAMINGHAM, MA - The Framingham Marijuana Advisory Team (MAT) has recommended to Mayor Yvonne M. Spicer to extend invitations to negotiate Host Community Agreements (HCA)s to two retail establishments, Cultivate Holdings, LLC and Innovative Flower, LLC; one marijuana product manufacturer, Cloud Creamery, LLC; and one marijuana product manufacturer and marijuana cultivation facility, the Caregiver- Patient Connection, LLC.
The two entities seeking retail marijuana establishment licenses from the Cannabis Control Commission, Union Twist, Inc. and Temescal Wellness, are currently in negotiations for HCAs. The maximum number of marijuana retail establishments allowed in Framingham is set at six pursuant to the Framingham General By-laws, Article VIII, Section 9.3.
The HCA is a contract between the City and a marijuana establishment or medical marijuana treatment, also known as a Registered Marijuana Dispensary (RMD) that sets forth the responsibilities between the City and the marijuana establishment or RMD license holder. A fully executed HCA is a threshold requirement for a marijuana establishment or medical marijuana treatment center to apply for licensure from the Cannabis Control Commission (CCC).
Below is a listing of the organizations the MAT has recommended be extended an invitation to negotiate an HCA.
1. Union Twist, Inc., to be located at 630 Worcester Road, for an adult-use marijuana retail establishment;
2. Temescal Wellness, Inc., at 665 Cochituate Road, for an adult-use marijuana retail establishment with its existing RMD;
3. Cultivate Holdings, LLC, at 250 Worcester Road, for a marijuana retail establishment with a co-located RMD;
4.Innovative Flower, LLC, at 655 Cochituate Road, for a marijuana retail establishment to be col-located with an RMD;
5.Cloud Creamery, LLC, to be located at 115 Herbert Street for a marijuana product manufacturer; and
6. Caregiver Patient Connection, LLC, to be located at 60 and 61 Tripp Street, for a co-located marijuana product manufacturer and marijuana cultivation facility.
Between November 21, 2018 and March 31, 2019, the MAT received 17 applications from 16 applicants seeking a referral to the Mayor to negotiate HCAs for RMDs and/or adult – use marijuana establishments.
As of March 31, 2019, the MAT held meetings with 15 of the 16 applicants (one application remains incomplete, while one MAT applicant submitted two applications, one for an RMD and one for a marijuana retail establishment).
The MAT declined to refer the following applicants to the Mayor:
1. Vitasphere, Inc., proposing a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment and RMD at 271 Worcester Road;
2. Green Rush, LLC, proposing a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment 271 Worcester Road;
3. Andromeda Supply Company, LLC, proposing a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment at 1656 Worcester Road;
4. AKJ Investments, Inc., proposing a new RMD at 275 Worcester Road; and
5. NewCann Group, LLC, proposing a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment at 1094 Worcester Road.
Pending applicants that have been asked to supply additional information are:
1. Beacon Compassion, Inc., holder of an HCA for an RMD at 315 Worcester Road, which seeks an additional HCA for an adult-use retail marijuana establishment;
2. Commonwealth Farms 1761, Inc., seeking an HCA for a new marijuana product manufacturer and marijuana cultivator at 1062 Edmands Road;
3. BCWC, LLC (seeking a name change to NovaFarms), which proposes a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment at 1151 Worcester Road; and
4. Patient Centric of Martha’s Vineyard, Ltd., which proposes a new adult-use retail marijuana establishment at 85 Worcester Road.
Visit the Framingham Marijuana Regulation webpage at
https://www.framinghamma.gov/marijuana-regulation to learn more about the regulation of marijuana in Framingham, review MAT Applications, Minutes, and Reports.