- Callahan Center/Senior Services
- Framingham Senior Heroes Awards
Framingham Senior Heroes Awards
The Framingham Council on Aging is excited to announce its third annual Framingham Senior Heroes Awards. Framingham is a multi-cultural community with a long history of welcoming people of all backgrounds and ethnic groups. These awards will be given to those Framingham residents, 60 and older, whose nominations reveal their volunteer efforts as the worthiest among nominations received. These efforts reflect their value for diversity and show significant contributions to inclusivity in Framingham, in one of the following categories:
• Culture/Arts - Performing arts, painting, poetry, playwriting, music, dance, etc. that celebrate diversity and inclusivity.
• Social Development - Programs that improve or promote positive interactions among people from different ethnic groups, abilities, gender identities, ages; such as sports, after school programs, special events or other activities.
• Health or Health Care – Efforts that focus on the populations whose access has been limited, due to race, gender, gender identity, language, disability, immigration status, etc.
• Public Service - Contributed in this way with their volunteer service on any of the boards, councils or committees in the City or Town Meeting or former elected officials.
Note: Individuals who are currently employed by the City or hold or are a candidate for political office, are ineligible for nomination. Former public officials or people not currently employed by the city and residing in Framingham may be nominated for volunteer efforts that show they value diversity and inclusivity.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR 2023 NOMINATION ONLINE
You may also submit your nomination by mailing the nomination form to Callahan Center, 535 Union Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702, Attn: FSHA or email to email@example.com.
Deadline to submit is February 3, 2023.
Help us to promote the Framingham Senior Heroes Awards by sharing this communication with your colleagues, family, friends, and neighbors.
GRACE O'DONNELLDirector of Elder Services
COUNCIL ON AGING / CALLAHAN CENTERPhysical Address
535 Union Avenue
Framingham, MA 01702Phone: 508-532-5980Fax: 508-620-4890
Mid April - November
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday - 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
November - Mid-April
Monday - Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.