Main Streets Small Business Program
During the months of March and April 2023, Eversource will provide Framingham- and Natick-based small businesses with increased Mass Save incentives for weatherization and energy-efficient equipment.
|Want to learn more before signing up? We hope you will join us for our Small Business Energy Savings Webinar on April 3rd at 6:00 PM to learn more about these opportunities, receive an overview of how the process works, and get answers to your energy efficiency questions. To register for the event, please visit: Eversource.com/mainstreets.|
From Monday, April 10th to Friday, April 28th, Eversource and its selected turnkey energy efficiency provider, AECOM, will be visiting local small businesses in Framingham to identify energy-saving solutions. In addition to a no-cost energy assessment of your business, Eversource will be offering enhanced incentives up to 90% on select energy efficiency solutions that can help you improve your property, reduce energy costs, and improve the sustainability of your operations. These upgrades can include measures with:
- New lighting controls
- Occupancy sensors
- Sensors for programmable thermostats
- Refrigeration controls
There are incentives available for businesses that own or rent their space.
Businesses served by Eversource with an average monthly demand less than 300 kilowatts are invited to participate. An eligible customer’s electric bill is usually less than $2,000 per month.
How Does it Work?
Identifying your business’s energy-saving opportunities is the first step to participating. The City of Framingham encourages you to schedule a no-cost, no obligation energy assessment with AECOM, Eversource’s small business contractor. Here's how it works:
- AECOM audits your facility free of charge, and provides you with a written proposal detailing the recommended energy-efficient improvements.
- Eversource reviews the proposal to ensure that the proposed project is cost-effective and appropriate for your facility.
- Eversource will pay for up to 90% of costs of implementing select energy-efficient measures.
- Your business is provided with the opportunity to qualify for interest-free financing.
- The qualified energy contractor installs the measures and provides warranty service.
- Eversource inspects the project to verify the equipment was installed and is working, and that the job was done to your satisfaction.
Schedule an Energy Assessment for Your Business
A team from Eversource and AECOM, the energy auditor selected for Framingham, will be in the area and calling on businesses from April 10th to April 28th to provide the no-cost analysis. To schedule a visit in advance, please call or email Irene Petruzzelli, Framingham's AECOM Small Business Energy Efficiency representative at or 617-371-4512 or email@example.com. Businesses can also sign up using the Eversource Mainstreets Intake Form.
For additional details about the Eversource Small Business Program, please visit Eversource's website. Don't hesitate to reach out to Framingham's Sustainability Coordinator, Shawn Luz, for any additional questions or support at 508-532-5652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.