Public Health Nursing Services
IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE, PLEASE BRING YOUR CARD WITH YOU FOR YOUR VISIT TO THE CLINIC.
The Public Health Nurse Clinic Hours
- Monday -8:30 am - 9:30 am and 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 9:30 am and 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 9:30 am and 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 9:30 am and 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Some of the Nursing Services include:
- Blood Lead Screening for children through age 6
- All School Required Immunizations
- TB Testing (see important note at bottom of page)
- TB screening
- TB Case Management
- Many Child and Adult Recommended vaccinations
- National Health Observances
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Reproductive Health Information
- Free condoms
- Skin Cancer Screening (seasonal)
- Cholesterol Screening (seasonal)
- Health Programs and Health Education
- Outbreak and Infectious Disease Investigation
- Disease Surveillance
- Arbovirus Liaison
- Pandemic Preparedness
- Annual City Wide Flu Clinics
- Emergency Preparedness Information
- Food-borne Illness Investigation
- Medical Reserve Corps Administration and Volunteer Training
- Needle drop off site (See instructions below)
- Prescription Drug and Needle* Drop Off Kiosk administration located at Police Headquarters 1 William Welch Way (See instructions below)
Public Health Nurse Clinic Offers all required and most recommended vaccinations for all children through 18 years. Some adult vaccinations are available to insured, uninsured and under-insured. There may be a $20 dollar Vaccine Administrative Fee per vaccination.
Please ask the nurse at the time of your visit.
Childhood and Adult immunizations are provided following the Massachusetts Department of Public Health recommendations and guidelines and include the following vaccines:
- DtaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
- Td (Tetanus)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- MMR-V (combination of MMR and Varicella)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- MCV (Meningitis Conjugate)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- PPV23 (Pneumonia
- Influenza (Flu/ Seasonal)
- Prevnar 13 (the "new" Pneumonia) There is no Prevnar vaccine at this time.
- Shingrix Vaccine is available only to those with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Masachusetts at this time. There is no Shingrix at this time.
- Tuberculosis Testing (Read important information on TB testing below)
Tuberculosis Testing is a Two Visit Test:
- TB Testing is provided at no charge to students through age 18, contacts of known or suspected cases of tuberculosis and for new arrivals to the United States.
- TB testing is only performed on Mondays (morning and afternoon clinics), Tuesdays (morning and afternoon clinics), and Wednesday morning clinics only. All TB tests requires a second visit afterward 48-72 hours to interpret the test.
- A $30.00 fee (cash or check) is charged for adults who require a TB test for work/school for for children who require TB Testing upon return from visits outside United States to some high risk countries and any person who fails to return and must be retested.
All immunizations are recorded in the Massachusetts Immunization Information System. If you have any questions about your child's immunization record, you may speak to the nurse at 508-532-5472.