Traffic and Transportation
Last Updated: December 13, 2021
Transportation Master Plan, Phase II
recorded public meetings
Wednesday, December 8:
The fourth public meeting reviewed the recommendations being proposed in the draft report. Please note, the draft report is located in the virtual public meeting room. The virtual meeting room is best accessed using Google Chrome.
Thursday, October 21:
The third public meeting focused on three transportation topics in multiple breakout rooms, including:
- Room 1: Public Transit, Bicycle, and Pedestrian Connectivity: Including the Village Green area, study area corridors*, and sidewalk connections throughout the City.
- Room 2: Traffic Congestion at Specific Study Areas, Including:
- Route 30/Cochituate Road at Beacon Street
- Route 30/Cochituate Road at Shoppers World
- Leland Street at Beaver and Kendall Streets
- Salem End Road at Winter Street
- Pleasant Street at Woodmere Road/Temple Street
- Salem End Road at Badger Road/Gates Street
- Room 3: Neighborhood Connections and Traffic Calming: Neighborhood connections and gateways, including the study area intersections around MCI-Framingham, Central Street at Summer Street, and Fenwick Street/ Haynes Road location.
Wednesday, August 11:
The second meeting provided a progress update about the Master Plan, reviewed the project's study areas, identified potential transportation improvements/alternatives for various locations, and discussed updates to the City's current Traffic Calming and Crosswalk Policies. View the recording of the second meeting below.
Monday, April 26:
The first meeting provided an introduction to the master plan and discussed the projection of future conditions. View the recording of the first meeting below.
Transportation master plan PHASE I:
City Plans, Policies, Procedures, and regulations:
- 2017 Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan (PDF)
- Construction Standards
- Crosswalk Policy and Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Parking Regulations (City Ordinance Article VI, Section 2) (PDF)
- Traffic Calming Measures Policy (PDF)
- Traffic Rules and Orders (PDF)
- Traffic Signal Permitting Process (PDF)
- Weather Emergency Parking Restrictions on Arterial Roadways Policy (PDF)