ABOUT TEAM FRAMINGHAM
Each year, the Team Framingham Steering Committee randomly selects a pre-determined number of charity partners and Framingham residents or employees of the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools to participate in the Boston Marathon as part of Team Framingham. Applications for charities and runners interested in participating in the random selection process will be made available on the City of Framingham's website starting Monday, September 23, 2019. The application period will close at 4:00 PM on Friday, October 25, 2019. The random lottery drawing for both runner and charity applicants will be on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
- A City appointed Team Framingham Steering Committee has been established to oversee and administer the 2020 Team Framingham fundraising and training program.
- The Team Framingham Steering Committee will utilize a random selection process to allocate all of the invitational entries for the 2020 Boston Marathon provided to Framingham through the Boston Athletic Association (BAA) Host Community Program.
- Framingham residents or employees of the City of Framingham and Framingham Public Schools, Keefe Technical School and the McAuliffe Charter School will be eligible to enter the random selection provided they commit to a fund-raising effort to support one of several charities, non-profits, or programs to be designated. Former Framingham employees who retired from service to Framingham within the last 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years of service, are eligible to submit applications.
- There will be a finite number of Framingham-focused charities, non-profits, and programs selected by random drawing following an open and rigorous application process. Runners selected in the random selection will be required to choose one of the designated charities, non-profits or programs to benefit from their fundraising.
- Runners selected by random selection will commit to a fundraising goal of $4,000 in support of one of the designated charities, non-profits or programs. A minimum fundraising obligation of $2,000 must be met to prevent the runner from being excluded from participating in future Team Framingham programs. The fundraising goal and minimum obligation may be increased from year to year.
- A runner selected for an invitational entry who fails to reach the minimum fundraising obligation will not be eligible to participate in the random selection in subsequent years.
- The Team Framingham Steering Committee will encourage runners selected to get connected to a marathon training mentor and to participate in periodic team meetings that focus on training and fundraising techniques.