The mission of the Technology Services Department is to:
- Develop and maintain efficient, cost-effective information, telephone, and network communications systems for the City of Framingham.
- Assure successful utilization and enhance productivity by providing the necessary up-time and support services to our customer base.
- Uphold the Town By-Law as it relates to Technology (Section 17).
- Provide excellence in Public Service consistent with the City’s Customer Service Policy.
The Technology Services Department aims to improve government services, the community, and the lives of employees, residents, businesses, and visitors of the City of Framingham through smart and responsive use of technology. Programs include:
- Administration and Finance
- Database Services
- Enterprise Support (Water and Sewer Utilities)
- Management Information Systems for both School and City
- Network Services
- Public Safety
- User Services and Desktop Support
- Voice and Office Services
Goals focus on maintaining a stable, up-to-date network and end-user environment that enables and enhances user productivity.