Water and Wastewater Discount Program
Homeowners meeting policy requirements and living in a 1 to 3 family dwelling:
- Are eligible for a discount on domestic water and sewer usage only
- Miscellaneous and Irrigation charges are not included
- Only residential properties are eligible for the discount program
How to Apply for a Discount
The initial application must be submitted in person due to the sensitive nature of the personal information required.
- First, please read the policy to determine your eligibility.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, please submit an application in person at the DPW Water and Wastewater Business Office, 110 Western Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702.
Please bring all required documents:
- Copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport
- Proof of adjusted gross income, i.e., most recent tax return(sensitive information may be redacted prior to submitting information)
- Proof of ownership.
A copy of the real estate tax bill with the owner(s) name must be provided. If the property is in a trust, a copy of the trust and the schedule of beneficiaries must be submitted. The owner(s) applying for the discount must be listed as the beneficiary of the trust to be considered eligible.
Existing applicants must recertify their eligibility annually prior to June 1, 2022.
*New for this year*
Existing applicants can now submit renewal paperwork online.
- Submit proof of ownership (a copy of the real estate tax bill with the owner(s) name must be provided. If the property is in a trust, a copy of the trust and the schedule of beneficiaries must be submitted. The owner(s) applying for the discount must be listed as the beneficiary of the trust to be considered eligible.
Need a paper copy of the application? You can pick one up at the following locations:
- Public Works Water and Wastewater Business Office at 110 Western Avenue
- Public Works Operations Center, 100 Western Avenue
- Callahan Center, 535 Union Avenue
- Main Library, 49 Lexington Street (Reference Desk)
- McAuliffe Branch Library, 746 Water Street (Reference Desk)
If you have any questions please contact the Water and Wastewater Business Office at 508-532-5605.