Recycling Drop-Off Center
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham. Please see below for information about obtaining a permit. Please note that the Recycling Drop-off Center is closed on holidays.
|8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Recycling Only)
|8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Recycling Center Policies
- The recycling center is for permitted Framingham residents and local businesses only. A valid permit is required. No exceptions!
- All customers must stop at the guard shack first. Please follow the posted guidelines and employee instructions; your courtesy is appreciated.
- Waste limits are consistent with the allowable limits of the curbside collection program.
- All materials covered under the state waste bans must be handled appropriately. Materials must be separated according to these guidelines.
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted to use refuse disposal
- Construction/renovation material is not accepted.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to revoke a permit at any time if facility use appears to be non-conforming.
- All users must pay a per-item fee to dispose of the following:
- All carpeting
- Bulky soft goods
- Freon-containing items
- Propane tanks
- Sleeper sofas
- Television / Computer
Obtaining a Permit
Effective May 20, 2020, Permits are now valid for the fiscal year, July 1 through June 30.
Permits are available at two locations:
- Mount Wayte Avenue Recycling Drop-Off Center during normal hours of operation
- Public Works’ Colonna Building, 100 Western Avenue (Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Present vehicle registration at the time of purchase and allow the attendant to make a copy. Registration must be current, non-commercial, and show a Framingham address.
For leased vehicles, the accompanying insurance policy showing a Framingham address must be presented.
Residents whose vehicles do not conform to the above requirements may complete a non-conforming vehicle application form for permit consideration.
Pay the $20 fee with cash or check.
Allow an employee to place the permit on the lower driver-side windshield.
REPLACEMENT STICKER GUIDELINES
If a windshield is replaced, or the vehicle is traded in before the end of the calendar year a replacement permit may be obtained by scraping off the old permit and taking it to the recycling center during normal hours of operation.
Replacement stickers will not be granted free of charge unless the old permit is presented intact and permitted number is legible.
Receipts will not be accepted for replacement stickers; the old stickers must be presented.
Business Recycling Program
All Framingham businesses are encouraged to use the Framingham Recycling Drop-Off Center. The center is open Thursday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Permits are $50 and are valid for the calendar year. Business recycling is restricted to ramp use only. No trash disposal allowed.