Recycling Drop-Off Center
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham. Please see below for information obtaining a permit. Please note that the Recycling Drop-off Center is closed on holidays.
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Recycling Only)
|Friday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|Sunday||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Recycling Center Policies
- The recycling center is for permitted Framingham residents and local businesses only. A valid permit is required. No exceptions!
- All customers must stop at the guard shack first. Please follow posted guidelines and employee instructions; your courtesy is appreciated.
- Waste limits are consistent with the allowable limits of the curbside collection program.
- All materials covered under the state waste bans must be handled appropriately. Materials must be separated according to these guidelines.
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted to use refuse disposal
- Construction / renovation material is not accepted.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to revoke a permit at any time if facility use appears to be non-conforming.
- All users must pay a per item fee to dispose of the following items
- All carpeting
- Bulky soft goods
- Freon-containing items
- Propane tanks
- Sleeper sofas
- Television / Computer
Obtaining a Permit
- Permits are available at 2 locations:
- Mount Wayte Avenue recycling center during normal hours of operation
- Public Works' Colonna Building, 100 Western Avenue (Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Present vehicle registration at time of purchase and allow attendant to make a copy.
- Registration must be current, non-commercial, and show a Framingham address.
- For leased vehicles, the accompanying insurance policy showing a Framingham address must be presented.
- Residents whose vehicles do not conform to the above requirements may complete non-conforming vehicle application form for permit consideration.
- Pay $20 fee with cash or check.
- Allow employee to place permit on lower driver-side windshield.
Replacement Sticker Guidelines
- If a windshield is replaced, or the vehicle is traded in before the end of the calendar year a replacement permit may be obtained by scraping off the old permit and taking it to the recycling center during normal hours of operation.
- Replacement stickers will not be granted free of charge unless old permit is presented intact and permitted number is legible.
- Receipts will not be accepted for replacement stickers; the old stickers must be presented.
Business Recycling Program
All Framingham businesses are encouraged to use the Framingham Recycling Drop-Off Center. The center is open Thursday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Permits are $50 and are valid for the calendar year. Business recycling is restricted to ramp use only. No trash disposal allowed.