Yard Waste Recycling
**To minimize exposure between DPW staff and the public,
the Department will NOT issue new permit stickers until July 1, 2020, which will be valid until June 30, 2021.**
Yard Waste Facility
The Yard Waste Facility is located on Dudley Road. Permitted residents may bring yard waste such as brush, leaves, grass, and plant waste. The facility is open seasonally.
To access the yard waste facility, turn right out of the Recycling Drop-Off Center driveway, and the entrance is your first left.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Fridays and Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Residents must have a valid recycling center permit to use the yard waste facility.
- The Facility is for residential use only - no commercial loads!
Preparing Yard Waste For Drop Off
Please make sure your materials are separated by the following guidelines and placed in the appropriately marked areas:
Leaves, grass, plant waste, and small light trimmings:
- Transport in bags or containers only
- Paper bags only may be left on site
- Containers and plastic bags must be emptied and removed from the facility
Brush (branches, sticks, twigs, and shrubs):
- Must be 4 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or shorter in length
- No logs or stumps
- Transport loose or in containers
- All containers and bags must be emptied and removed
- Dropped off as brush only when the facility is open
- Must be free of tinsel and decorations
Can I also take my kitchen scraps to the City composting site?
No. Only yard waste, leaves, grass, and brush are accepted at the City Yard Waste Drop-Off; household food waste is not accepted.
If you are interested in composting food waste at home, consider constructing or purchasing a home composting bin. Compost bins are available at the recycling center (while supplies last).