Community & Economic Development
150 Concord St.
Ph: (508) 532-5455
Fx: (508) 532-5461
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Established at the May 2007 Town Meeting, the Agricultural Advisory Committee was created for the purpose of serving as the Town’s primary advocate for farming and agriculture in Framingham. The Committee is charged with administration of the Town’s Right-to-Farm bylaw, but does not have any regulatory/enforcement powers.
It is the policy of the Town of Framingham to conserve, protect and encourage the maintenance and improvement of agricultural land for the production of food and other agricultural products, and also for its natural and ecological value.
The Committee’s roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a local voice advocating for farmers, farm-related businesses and agricultural interests in general.
- Provide visibility for farming in Framingham.
- Work with other town departments/boards/commissions/committees on issues facing the town that affect agriculture.
- Help resolve farm-related problems and/or conflicts.
- Protect farmlands and natural resources.