Community & Economic Development
150 Concord Street, B2
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
It is the policy of the Town of Framingham to conserve, protect and encourage the maintenance and improvement of agricultural land for the production of food and other agricultural products and also for its natural and ecological value.
To support that policy, the Agricultural Advisory Committe was established during the May 2007 Town Meeting to serve as the primary advocate for farming and agriculture in Framingham. The Committee is charged with administration of the Town’s Right-to-Farm bylaw, but does not have any regulatory/enforcement powers.
The Committee’s roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a local voice advocating for farmers, farm-related businesses and agricultural interests in general.
- Provide visibility for farming in Framingham.
- Work with other Town Departments/Boards/Commissions/Committees on issues facing the Town that affect agriculture.
- Help resolve farm-related problems and/or conflicts.
- Protect farmlands and natural resources.