Recycling Drop-Off Center
***Storm Related Closing***
Due to the expected inclement weather, the recycling center located at 255 Mt. Wayte Avenue will be closed on the following days:
Friday February 8, 2013
Saturday February 9, 2013
Sunday February 10, 2013
The Recycling Drop-Off Center is located at 255 Mt. Wayte Avenue. It is available to the permitted residents of Framingham. Please see below for information obtaining a permit.
Recycling Center Pamphlet
Hours of Operation
Thursday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (Business & Residential RECYCLING ONLY)
Friday 8:00 am -3:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am -3:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Recycling Center Policies
- The Recycling Center is for permitted Framingham residents and local businesses only. A valid permit is required. No exceptions!
- All customers must stop at the guard shack first. Please follow posted guidelines and employee instructions; your courtesy is appreciated.
- All materials covered under the State Waste Bans must be handled appropriately. Materials must be separated according to these guidelines.
- No commercial vehicles during Residential hours of operations (Friday thru Sunday).
- Commercial use of this facility is prohibited during residential hours of operation. No commercial vehicles will be allowed in the facility during this time period.
- Construction / renovation material is not accepted.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to revoke a permit at any time if facility use appears to be non-conforming.
- All users must pay a per item FEE to dispose of the following items
- Television/ Computer
- Freon-containing items
- Propane tanks
- Sleeper sofas
- All carpeting
- Bulky soft goods
Obtaining a Permit
1. Permits are available at two locations:
- Mt. Wayte Avenue Recycling Center during normal hours of operation
- Public Works' Colonna Building, 100 Western Avenue (Mon-Fri, 8am - 3pm)
2. Present Vehicle registration at time of purchase and allow attendant to make a copy.
- Registration must be current, non-commercial and show a Framingham address.
- For leased vehicles, the accompanying Insurance Policy showing a Framingham address must be presented.
- Residents whose vehicles do not conform to the above requirements may complete non-conforming vehicle application form for permit consideration.
3. Pay $10 fee with cash or check.
4. Allow employee to place permit on lower driver-side windshield.
Replacement Sticker Guidelines
- If a windshield is replaced, or the vehicle is traded in before the end of the Calendar year a replacement permit may be obtained by scraping off the old permit and taking it to the Recycling Center during normal hours of operation.
- Replacement stickers will not be granted free of charge unless old permit is presented intact and permitted number is legible.
- Receipts will not be accepted for replacement stickers; the old stickers must be presented.
Business Recycling Program
All Framingham businesses are encouraged to use the Framingham Recycling Center to drop off recyclables every Thursday from 8am - 3pm. Permits are $50 and are valid for the calendar year. Only recyclable items and universal waste (fluorescent bulbs, motor oil, batteries) are permitted: no trash disposal allowed.