The primary focus of the Social Services Department is to enable seniors to live independently. We accomplish this by promoting healthy physical and psycho-social functioning, serving as an advocate for senior issues in the larger community and encouraging seniors to access a variety of services. Services include but are not limited to:
- Information and referral to broad range of resources
- Additional financial resources for those on a fixed income, or in crisis
- Volunteer services such as friendly visiting, as available
- Senior housing, assisted living and long term care, etc.
- Brief, one to one supportive counseling Consultations with family members
- Medical equipment loan program (free of charge) call ahead for availability
- Assistance with applications such as SNAP, the RIDE, etc.
- Approval of subsidy for local taxi service in limited circumstances
For more information please contact the Center at (508) 532-5980.