MESSAGE FOR FRAMINGHAM PARENTS, STUDENTS AND SCHOOL STAFF ON BOMB THREATS
What we do when a bomb threat is received at one of our schools:
Bomb threats to schools in Massachusetts are a serious matter. We want you to know that your local police, fire, and school officials are in communication with one another as well as our state and federal partners, and we take the following steps to address the situation:
1. The police and fire chiefs (or ranking designee) immediately respond to the school and confer with the school principal and /or school superintendent.
2. We utilize the Massachusetts Standard Bomb Threat Assessment Guide to determine the credibility of the threat and the appropriate response.
3. We activate local and/or state bomb squad and K-9 resources if determined as necessary after the assessment is completed.
4. Based on the credibility determination arrived at after the assessment, decide whether to evacuate, dismiss, or continue school.
5. A criminal investigation is commenced immediately but these investigations can take time, and in today's technology driven environment, a suspect cannot always be determined.
We hope that this helps you understand what is being done when you are made aware that a bomb threat has been received at a one of our local schools.