Powers & Duties of the Planning Board
- Adopt a master plan and official map for the Town (M.G.L. Chapter 41, Section 81A);
- Adopt subdivision rules & regulations for the Town, and reviews preliminary and definitive subdivision plans (M.G.L. Chapter 41, Section 81K-81GG);
- Drafts and submits zoning amendments for consideration by the Town for the Framingham Zoning By-law (M.G.L. Chapter 40A, Section 5);
- Serves as a special permit granting authority for the Town;
- Review of site plans, public way access permits, Scenic Roadway Modifications (M.G.L. Chapter 40, Section 15C) applications; and
- Acts as an adviser on other municipal land use regulations.
Planning Board Regulations
The Planning Board operates under the direction of the Planning Board Rules & Regulations, the Framingham Zoning By-laws, the Framingham General By-laws, the Framingham Subdivision Rules & Regulations, the Framingham Master Land Use Plan, and the Planning Board Project Review Guidelines.
Applications Reviewed by the Planning Board
- Approval Not Required (ANR)
- Public Way Access Permit
- Scenic Roadway Modification Permit
- Site Plan Review Application
- Special Permit Application
- Preliminary & Definitive Subdivision
- Chapter 43D: Expedited Permitting Projects
The Planning Board meets weekly on Thursday nights throughout the year. Meetings are typically held in the Ablondi Room, 150 Concord Street, Framingham, MA 01702 at 7:00pm. Please check the agenda for the time, location, and any continuations of hearings or cancellation of meetings.
The Planning Board is comprised of five voting members who are elected for a three year term. The Planning Board includes:
- Planning Board website page for review of current and archived development projects;
- Planning Board Facebook page;
- Public Meetings, which are available on live television and accessible at a later date through video stream on a television, computer, or mobile device;
- Written notification to an abutter within 300' of a development project;
- Notification of public hearings in the MetroWest Daily Newspaper; and/or
- and as always the Planning Board Office encourages calls, emails, or drop-ins
For more information about the Framingham Planning Board, please reference the Framingham Planning Board Annual Report, 2015.
|Member||Serving Since||Term Expiration||Precinct|
|Christine Long, Chair||2008||2017||2|
|Lewis Colten, Vice Chair||2013||2019||1|
|Victor Ortiz, Clerk||2013||2019||18|