What We Do:
- Collect refuse and recycling from over 17,500 residential dwellings with four or fewer units on a weekly basis and transport over 130,000 pounds of material for recycling or disposal every day.
- Operate the Recycling Center and Yard Waste Drop Off sites to allow residents to dispose of refuse, sorted recyclable materials, and yard waste.
- Perform special curbside collections including spring and fall leaf and brush collection, Christmas Tree collection add excess cardboard.
- Hold annual events such as Household Hazardous Waste Day, Shred Fest, Electronic Recycling.
Click on the links below to view calendar and event information.
- 2017 Sanitation Calendar
- Shred Fest: Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Household Hazardous Waste Day: Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Electronic Recycling Day: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Rain Barrel Event
The Yard Waste Drop-Off is open for the season, weather permitting.
Residents must have a valid 2017 Recycling Center Permit to use the facility, located on Dudley Road. Permits can be purchased at the Recycling Center at 255 Mount Wayte Avenue, Thursday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. or at the Public Works Colonna Building at 100 Western Avenue Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents are able to dispose of yard waste such as leaves, grass, plant waste, and brush. Large items such as tree branches over 4 inches in diameter or length, logs, and/or stumps are not accepted. Branches must be 4 inches or less in diameter and 4 feet or shorter in length.
Click here for more information on obtaining a Recycling Center Permit.
Automated Refuse and Recycling Collection
In July 2016, the Public Works Department began collecting both trash and recycling on a weekly basis, using only in-house resources. The Town utilizes automated trucks to collect refuse and recycling then transport material for disposal. Remember carts are the property of the Town of Framingham and must remain at the property should you move. If your cart has been damaged, contact the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001.
Did you know that cardboard is a valuable recycling commodity? If it can be separated from your single stream recycling, the Town of Framingham can generate revenue instead of paying a disposal fee.
To take advantage of this commodity, the Public Works Department has created a bulky cardboard collection program to assist residents with recycling large amounts of cardboard. If you have excess cardboard that you can’t fit into your recycling cart, call the Sanitation Division at 508-532-6001 to schedule a pickup. Pickups will be scheduled on your regular trash day. Boxes should be broken down and left next to your trash and recycling carts.